Friday, December 13, 2024

grief card 41

---art by Julia Terry, prompt by National Hospice Cooperative, Simple Grief Prompts for Children (and Adults)


I feel relieved that
            infants can be made up of up to 85% water...

I'm learning to
            break the water of Christmas...

I'm letting go of
            the olive shoot in my beak...

Three people who understand my grief are
            the one east of Eden,
            the swallowed prophet,
            the one who weeps...

I hope
            in the gifts of these magi...

In order to heal, I need
            gills, fins, and scales...

I comfort myself by
            swimming in the belly of the night...

At night I think about
            how water cannot be watered down...

I secretly
            am a pillar of salt...

I feel the loss mostly when
            I thirst...

When I'm alone,
            I miss...

I look forward to
            hosting glistening light...

The loss has changed the way
            morning arrives, inconsolably glorious.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home